Dentures are an affordable option for patients missing many or all of their teeth. If you’re interested in effective tooth replacement but not ready for dental implants, a dentures will allow you to regain comfort with daily activities like speaking, chewing and smiling.
Dr. Hinebaugh is a denture expert with 30+ years of experience and is extremely knowledge about the latest denture technologies. He will create dentures that look natural and feel comfortable.
We have an on-site denture lab and have made over 50,000 dentures in 40 years
- Same-day denture repairs and relines available
- Only private dental office in the Springfield area with an on-site denture lab
- Implant dentures available at the same location, including same day implant dentures
How do dentures work?
Dentures are removable tooth replacements that recreate your teeth and a portion of your gums. They are made of acrylic resin fused to various other materials. There are a few different types of dentures available:
- Full denture – Modern dentures are made of acrylic and consist of a gum-colored base that supports natural-looking prosthetic teeth. While dentures are the most cost-effective way to replace missing teeth, Dr. Hinebaugh usually recommends patients consider All-on-4 implant-supported dentures due to their increased stability and chewing power.
- Partial denture – These dentures are designed to be placed into a mouth where there are still healthy teeth present. The teeth supported by the base are meant to fit into the gaps in your smile like a puzzle piece; they’ll be sculpted to match your natural teeth, so the casual observer won’t even realize you’re wearing a denture. Partial dentures are held in place with metal clasps that loop around the nearby teeth.
There are also two types of denture placement, conventional and immediate. Conventional dentures are placed between 8-12 weeks after tooth extraction, after the gums have fully healed. Immediate dentures are placed straight after tooth extraction. While this allows you to have teeth right away, it also typically requires more adjustment down the road since the dentures were fabricated before your teeth were extracted.
What are the benefits of dentures?
Dentures are the most affordable option for fully replacing many missing teeth. When fitted properly, dentures are comfortable and effective. Dr. Hinebaugh takes great care to ensure a perfect fit for your dentures, the first time – so that you can begin enjoying all they have to offer right away.
Dentures also support your facial structure to maintain your appearance after tooth loss.
Can I improve the fit of my dentures?
If you currently have dentures that you’re not happy with, we can repair those to help ensure a better fit and better function. If you’re looking for the most secure denture attachment option, dental implants connect dentures directly to your jaw to transform your experience. We offer a range of implant procedures to fit our patients’ needs and budgets.
What is the denture process like?
- Consultation – Your first appointment will consist of a thorough evaluation and discussion of your oral health. Dr. Hinebaugh will lay out your recommended treatment plan and go through the details. If dentures are right for you, he will proceed with next steps. He may also provide information about implant-supported dentures if you are a good candidate.
- Preparation – Your teeth and gums may require treatment so that they are in good health – this may include extractions, periodontal treatment or other measures.
- Denture mold – Once your teeth and/or gums are ready, a mold will be taken for the dentures to be fabricated from.
- Fabrication – Our denture lab will create your natural-looking, state-of-the-art denture.
- Denture fitting – Dr. Hinebaugh will fit your denture and ensure it looks and functions as it should.
- Adjustment – It may take 1-2 months for you to become completely used to your dentures and how they feel in your mouth. Dr. Hinebaugh will be available to answer any questions and make the necessary adjustments if your denture needs to be refitted.
*Individual experiences may vary. Results not guaranteed.
Am I a candidate for dentures?
Dentures are appropriate for those who have lost many or all of their teeth. People of all ages wear dentures and they provide a lifeline for those who have experienced tooth loss and need an affordable replacement option. Schedule a complimentary consultation today to learn what dentures could mean for you.